Medical license n. 64595
Bachelor of Medicine from the University San Martín de Porres, Lima, Perú and Ophthalmology specialization from the Clinical University San Carlos Hospital, Madrid. Dr. Pilar Peña is an ophthalmologist specialized in ocular aesthetics and oculoplastics, with experience in several ophthalmology surgeries. She has carried out much research and participated in several courses and conferences of different ophthalmological subspecialties.
Spanish and English.
- Bachelor of Medicine from the University San Martin de Porres, Lima, Perú.
- Specialization in Ophthalmology from the Clinical University San Carlos Hospital, Madrid.
- Expert in Ophthalmological surgery, Glaucoma and Pediatric Ocular Pathology, Uveitis and Retina, Ocular pathologies, from CEU Cardenal Herrera.
- Master in Ophthalmology, from CEU Cardenal Herrera.
- Certification in Facial aesthetics from the Complutense University of Madrid.
Fellow ophthalmologist in the Oculoplastics Department.
- Coauthor of the article “Reproducibilidad de la densidad vascular peripapilar, cabeza del nervio óptico y área macular por OCT-A, de acuerdo con la severidad del glaucoma”, published in the Archives of the Spanish Society of Ophthalmology.
- Coauthor of the article “Glaucoma medical treatment as a predictor of XEN45 subconjunctival gel implant hypotensive efficacy”, published in the Graefe’s Archive for Clinical and Experimental Ophthalmology.
- Author of the article “Ophthalmoparesis and bilateral orbital mass in an HIV patient: A
diagnostic dilemma”, published in the Journal Français d’Ophthalmologie.
- Coauthor of the article “Ocular related emergencies in Spain during the COVID-19 pandemic, a multicenter study”, published in the BMC Ophthalmology.
- Author of the article “Restrictive strabismus and diplopia after conjunctivodacryocystorhinostomy with Jones tube”, published in the Journal Français d’Ophthalmologie.
- Coauthor of the article “Topical insulin for refractory persistent corneal epithelial defects”, published in the European Journal of Ophthalmology.
- Author of the article “Ocular involvement in two siblings with Cohen’s syndrome”, Journal Français d’Ophthalmologie.
- Author of the article “Orbital myositis: a diagnostic challenge”, published in Medicina Clínica.
- Coauthor of the chapter “Cataratas y uveítis” del libro “Cirugía de cataratas y comorbilidad” from the Spanish Society of Implanto-Refractive Surgery (SECOIR) 2021.
Member of the Spanish Society of Ocular and Orbitary Plastic Surgery
- Participation in several updating and specialization courses.
- Performance of many communications in national and international conferences.