Medical license n. 41913
Graduate in Medicine from the University of Barcelona and specialist in Ophthalmology from the Hospital Clínic de Barcelona. Dr. Guifré Álvarez is an ophthalmologist and surgeon with experience in refractive and cataract surgery. He stands out for his active participation in research studies and communications.
Catalan, Spanish and English.
- Degree in Medicine from the University of Barcelona.
- Specialization in Ophthalmology at Hospital Clínic i Provincial de Barcelona.
- Master in Clinical Management at the Universitat Oberta de Catalunya.
- Member of the Cornea and Ocular Surface Department at ICR
- Member of the Cataract Department at ICR
- Author of multiple articles and scientific publications in prestigious national and international journals.
- Co-author of chapter 4D of Protocols in Neurophthalmology.
- Participation in the study Brivudin Ophthalmic Study 2-BOPH. A phase II study comparing Brivudin 0.1% ophthalmic solution with Aciclovir 3.0% ophthalmic ointment in the treatment of patients with herpetic dendritic keratitis. Open label, multicentre, multinational, randomized, phase III Study. Institut Clínic d’Oftalmologia de l’Hospital Clínic de Barcelona.
- Member of Official College of Doctors of Barcelona
- Member of Academy of Medical Sciences of Catalonia and the Balearic Islands
- Member of the Catalan Society of Ophthalmology
- Member of the American Society of Cataract and Refractive Surgery (ASCRS)
- Participation in numerous specialization and refresher courses
- Several communications in congresses of the specialty