24h Emergencies

The emergency service is located on the ground floor of the main ICR building, on Carrer Ganduxer 117 in Barcelona and has all the necessary equipment and installations to provide urgent ophthalmological treatment.

  • Benchmark in Barcelona in emergency ophthalmological treatment
  • Open 24 hours a day, 365 days a year
  • Consulting rooms exclusively for emergency treatment
  • Emergency intensive care room and operating theatre
  • Specialist ophthalmological surgeon permanently available on call

At ICR Terrassa, the emergency service is available during visit hours.

Getting here

You can get to our centre on public transport (bus or the FGC train service). On the map you can see the nearest train stations and bus stops. There is also a taxi rank right in front of the centre. Should you wish to come by car, you can find the Ferran Casablancas car park on the other side of the street, and three streets up is the Dalmases car park, which offers special rates to ICR patients.


Ophthalmological Emergencies
Calle Ganduxer, 117
08022 Barcelona

More information
Getting here

Which eye problems require emergency treatment?

You should seek emergency ophthalmology treatment in the following cases:

  • Sudden loss of vision
  • Eye pain and reddening
  • Photophobia (sensitivity to light) combined with redness
  • Eye traumas
  • Burns to the eye


Illnesses and eye problems related to:

In some cases, the speed in treating these symptoms can influence the prognosis of the illness.

First aid for eye accidents/What to do before you get here

What should I do if I receive a heavy blow to the eye?

The first thing you should do is rinse your eye with saline solution but the most important thing is to go to the emergency department as soon as possible.

What should I do in the case of an eye burn?

In the case of an eye burn, you should distinguish whether it is a thermal burn (heat or fire) or a chemical burn (caused by a chemical substance). You should try to rinse your eye with water or saline solution immediately and the go to the emergency department as soon as possible. At the hospital the ophthalmologist will decide whether a special liquid needs to be applied to counteract the effects of the acid or alkali that burned your eye.

What should I do if an object has entered my eye?

If you have a foreign body in your eye, saline solution can be applied, taking special care not to touch the eye area. You should then go to the emergency unit where the ophthalmologist will be able to administer anesthetic and use special instruments to remove the object or foreign body from your eye.

Agreements with insurance companies

The ICR has agreements with most of the major health insurance providers, meaning that we can also offer medical and surgical care for those affected by work-related accidents and illnesses.

Specialists in Emergency Ophthalmology

Do you have any questions?

Contact us or request an appointment with one of our specialists.