Medical license n. 54218
Bachelor of Medicine and Surgery from the Universidad Católica Nuestra Señora de la Asunción, Paraguay. Dr. Avalos has an extensive career of professional training, research and teaching in the field of general ophthalmology and specialized in glaucoma. She is currently part of the ICR team in the Glaucoma Department of ICR.
Spanish and English
- Bachelor of Medicine and Surgery from the Universidad Catòlica Nuestra Señora de la Asunción (Paraguay).
- Master in Glaucoma. Institut Català de Retina
- Qualification of University Expert in Ocular Pathologies and Treatment. CEU Cardenal Herrera University, Valencia.
- Qualification of University Expert in Ophthalmologic Surgery. CEU Cardenal Herrera University, Valencia.
- Qualification of University Expert in Uveitis and Retina. CEU Cardenal Herrera University, Valencia.
- Qualification of University Expert in Glaucoma and Pediatric Ocular Pathology. CEU Cardenal Herrera University, Valencia.
- Master in laser and phototherapy in dermatoesthetic pathology. Institute of Medical Training and Leadership (IFMIL). University of Barcelona.
- Member of the Glaucoma Department
- Member of the Cataract Department
- “Epidemiological, Prospective, Multicentric, Open Study To Asses The Characteristics And Incidence Of Adenoviral Conjunctivitis As Diagnosed With The Point Of Care Adenoplus Test In Patients Suffering From Acute Conjunctivitis”. Hospital Clínico San Carlos. Madrid. July 2014- March 2015.
- “Study of Octopus TOP G1 strategy visual fields in subjects with glaucoma of infancy (GI) and analysis of risk markers for visual field involvement”. Hospital Clínico San Carlos. Madrid.
- “Evaluation of the effect of Citicoline (Cebrolux 800 mg) and DHA compound (BrudyPio 1.5 g) on visual function in glaucoma patients”. Pilot study. Institut Català de la Retina. Barcelona, 2018.
- “Comparative study between Cypass vs. Xen implants in patients with Open Angle Glaucoma. 12-month follow-up.” Institut Català de la Retina. Barcelona, 2018.
- “Analysis of the hypotensive efficacy and safety profile of the XEN implant in patient with Primary Open Angle Glaucoma (POAG). 12-month follow-up”.Institut Català de la Retina. Barcelona, 2018.
- “Evaluation of hypotensive efficacy and short, medium and long term complications of EPNP surgery in patients with magna myopia”. Institut Català de la Retina. Barcelona, 2018.
- Portable telemedicine for the prevention of blindness in Paraguay. October 2018-October 2019.
- Participation in numerous specialization and refresher courses
- Several communications in congresses of the specialty.