Medical License no. 43131
Bachelor of Medicine from the Autonomous University of Barcelona (UAB). Distinguished ophthalmologist and surgeon specializing in cornea, ocular surface and cataracts. Currently doing his doctorate in Surgery at the Autonomous University of Barcelona (UAB). He is a member of the Cornea and Cataract Departments at the Institut Català de Retina.
Spanish, Catalan and English.
- Bachelor in Medicine from the Autonomous University of Barcelona (UAB)
- Training as a Medical Specialist in Ophthalmology at Consorci Parc de Salut Mar – Hospital de l’Esperança (Barcelona).
- Research Competence certificate received for doctoral thesis with the article: “Fenilefrina intracamerular en el síndrome del iris flácido intraoperatorio” (Intracameral phenylephrine in intraoperative floppy iris syndrome). Autonomous University of Barcelona (UAB).
- PhD student in Surgery at the Autonomous University of Barcelona (UAB).
- Multiple specialty courses on ocular and cornea surface.
- PROVISION training programme in ophtahlmology. Units 1 and 3. American Academy of Ophthalmology.
- Live Surgery Workshop. 19th February 2010. Hospital Universitario La Paz. Madrid
- Introduction to vitrectomy. 11th June 2010. Wet-Lab de Alcon. Masnou. Barcelona.
- Trabeculectomy. 15th July 2011. Wet-Lab de Alcon. Masnou. Barcelona.
- Advances in cornea surgery. Cornea transplant, implants and corneal prosthetics. 8th and 9th April 2011.
- Complete guide to dealing with keratoconus. Intermediate level.
- Oculoplastic & Corneal-Leaks: All you ever wanted to know. 4th November 2011. Barcelona.
- Refresher course in diagnostic systems for the anterior segment. 11th and 12th November 2011. Cordoba.
- Beginners guide to Keratoplasty. 18th November 2011. Wet-Lab de Alcon, Masnou, Barcelona
- Refractive and Cataract Surgery: Update 2012. 17th February 2012. Barcelona.
- Surgical training for inserting Keraring intracorneal rings. 24th February 2012. Oftaltech. Barcelona.
- Keratoplasties and Regenerative Therapies of the Cornea. 11th and 12th May. Oviedo.
- Keratoplasty Theory-Practice. 24th May 2012. Wet-Lab de Alcon. Masnou, Barcelona.
- Keratoplasty Theory-Practice. Instituto Oftalmológico Barraquer. 27th February 2017.
- Wetlab course in DMEK (Descemet membrane endothelial keratoplasty). Netherlands Institute for Innovative Ocular Surgery (NIIOS). 9th-10th October, 2018. Rotterdam (The Netherlands).
- Member of the Cornea Department at Institut Català de Retina.
- Member of the Cataract Department at Institut Català de Retina.
- Medical director at Clínica Bonanova de Cirurgia Ocular.
Research and conferences
- Participation as a collaborating ophthalmologist in the study: “PASSY: Patient Satisfaction Survey. Coordinated by Dr. Muñoz Negrete. Promoter: Laboratorios Thea. October 2013 – March 2014.
- Participation as a collaborating ophthalmologist in the study: “Management of eyelid disorders on the part of the ophthalmologist in everyday clinical practice”. June 2013.
- Participation in several national conferences by the Spanish and Catalan Societies of Ophthalmology.
- Attendance to various conferences, courses and research meetings.