Distinguished ophthalmologist and surgeon specialising in cornea and cataract. Currently doing his doctorate in Surgery at the Autonomous University of Barcelona. Member of the Cornea and Cataract Departments at the Institut Català de Retina.
Spanish, Catalan and English.
- Degree in Medicine, Autonomous University of Barcelona (Barcelona)
- Specialist in Ophthalmology, Consorci Parc de Salut Mar – Hospital de l’Esperança, (Barcelona)
- Research Competence certificate received for doctoral thesis with the article: “Fenilefrina intracamerular en el síndrome del iris flácido intraoperatorio”. Autonomous University of Barcelona.
- Doctorate in Surgery, Autonomous University of Barcelona (Barcelona)
- Has carried out numerous specialist courses on the cornea.
- Course: “PROVISION training programme in ophtahlmology”. Units 1 and 3. American Academy of Ophthalmology.
- Course: “Live Surgery Workshop”.. 19 February 2010. H.Universitario La Paz. Madrid
- Course “Introduction to vitrectomy”. 11 June 2010. Wet – Lab de Alcon. Masnou. Barcelona.
- Curso: “ Trabeculectomy”. 15 July 2011. Wet – Lab de Alcon. Masnou. Barcelona.
- Curso: “Advances in cornea surgery. Cornea transplant, implants and corneal prosthetics”. 8 and 9 April 2011.
- Course: “Complete guide to dealing with keratoconus”. Intermediate level.
- Curso : “Oculoplastic & Corneal-Leaks”: All you ever wanted to know. 4 November 2011. Barcelona.
- Curso: “Refresher course in diagnostic systems for the anterior segment”. 11 and 12 November 2011. Cordoba.
- Curso: “Beginners guide to Keratoplasty”.18 November 2011. Wet-Lab de Alcon, Masnou, Barcelona
- Course “Refractive and Cataract Surgery: Update 2012”. 17 February 2012. Barcelona.
- Course: “Surgical training for inserting Keraring intracorneal rings”. 24 February 2012. Oftaltech. Barcelona.
- Course “Keratoplasties and Regenerative Therapies of the Cornea”. 11 and 12 May. Oviedo.
- Course “Keratoplasty Theory – Practice”. 24 Mayo 2012. Wet-Lab de Alcon. Masnou, Barcelona.
- Course “Keratoplasty Theory-Practice”. Instituto Oftalmológico Barraquer. 27 February 2017.
- Specialist doctor at the Cornea Department of the Institut Català de Retina.
- Specialist doctor at the Cataract Department of the Institut Català de Retina.
Research and conferences
- Took part as a collaborating ophthalmologist in the study: “PASSY: Patient Satisfaction Survey. Coordinated by Dr. Muñoz Negrete. Promotor: Laboratorios Thea. October 2013 – March 2014.
- Took part as a collaborating ophthalmologist in the study: “Dealing with eyelid disorders on the part of the ophthalmologist in everyday clinical practice”. June 2013.
- Took part in several national conferences by the Spanish and Catalan Societies of Ophthalmology.
- Has taken part in various conferences, courses and research meetings.