RESCAN 700; a state-of-the-art OCT-guided intraoperative microscope
We have at our disposal a worldwide state-of-the-art intraoperative microscope, based on Optical Coherence Tomography (OCT).
- Optical Coherence Tomography is a state-of-the-art technology which allows a high-accuracy visualization of eye layers during surgery.
- It is not an invasive technology for the patient, and it is much safer because it enhances the surgeon precision and significantly increases safety in retina, glaucoma, cornea and cataract interventions.
- It increases precision, which makes the intervention safer.
- The surgeon has a wide and extremely precise visualization throughout the surgery.
- This allows to make sure that intervention on tissues, especially in retina surgeries, has been properly carried out and that the desired anatomic results are achieved. This was until now only possible to check after the surgery.
- The progress achieved with this technology is extremely important. It could be considered the future of ophthalmic surgery.
- This is achieved thanks to an equipment known as RESCAN 700, developed by ZEISS, the most prestigious brand worldwide in ophthalmology microscopy market.
What is Optical Coherence Tomography?
- Optical Coherence Tomography is a diagnostic and follow-up technique for retina, glaucoma and cornea which provides a high amount of information.
- This technology processes images by sections with a penetration of only millimeters.
- RESCAN 700 allows to see the eye layers in real time during the intervention.
- This implies more precision, higher comfort and increased safety during surgery.
This is a state-of-the-art technique which has already proven its success worldwide, even though ICR is one of the few centers to offer this advanced and safe technology in Spain.