Medical license n. 45107
Bachelor’s degree in Medicine and Surgery from the University of Barcelona (UB), Doctorate in Surgery and Morphological Sciences and Master in Glaucoma. Dr. Laura Beltran is a leading ophthalmologist and researcher specializing in glaucoma and cataract. She is currently part of the Department of Glaucoma and the Department of Cataract of ICR.
Catalan, Spanish and English.
- Bachelor’s degree in Medicine and Surgery from University of Barcelona (UB).
- Training as a Medical Specialist in Ophthalmology at Hospital Universitari Joan XXIII, Tarragona (Spain)
- Research proficiency from Autonomous University of Barcelona (UAB).
- Master in Glaucoma from Institut Català de Retina, accredited by University of Barcelona (UB).
- PhD Doctorate in Surgery and Morphological Sciences from Autonomous University of Barcelona with cum laude honors. Thesis: The Effect Of Race And Selective Laser Trabeculoplasty On The Aqueous Humor Dynamics In Patients With Glaucoma.
- Adult Comprehensive Glaucoma Fellowship, University of Toronto, Toronto Western Hospital (Canada).
- Glaucoma Fellowship, Advanced Speciality Training in Ophthalmology. St. Thomas’ Hospital & King’s College Hospital, London (United Kingdom).
- Clinical & Research Fellowship. St. Thomas’ Hospital, London (United Kingdom).
- Member of the Glaucoma Department at ICR
- Member of the Cataract Department at ICR
- Member of the Emergency Department at ICR
- Member of the Glaucoma and Cataract Department at Hospital Parc Sanitari St. Joan de Déu, St. Boi de Llobregat.
- Award for Excellence in Ophthalmic Research. Canadian Ophthalmological Society (COS). 2012.
- Member of the Catalan Society of Ophthalmology
- Member of the Academy of Medical Sciences of Catalonia and the Balearic Islands
- Member of the Association for Research in Vision and Ophthalmology (ARVO).
Publications and conferences
- Attendance to several courses and congresses of the specialty.
- Several scientific papers and publications in international journals.
- Reviewer for the Canadian Journal of Ophthalmology.
Do you have any questions?
Contact us or request an appointment with one of our specialists.