Stellaris PC (from Bauch + Lomb) is a high performance platform that allows for a comprehensive combined surgical system. It is multifunction equipment for cataract and retinal surgery.
- Stable Chamber System
- Fast and easy configuration
- Platform for microincision
- Makes up to 5.000 cpm
- Balance between infusion/vacuum, which ensures a stable pressure throughout the procedure
- Vitrectomy tips of 20, 23 and 25 gauge
- 23 and 25 trocars, specially designed for minimizing trauma
3) High performance machine for anterior and posterior segments
- Wide range of surgical consumables
- Intuitive touch-screen
- Double linear wireless pedal
4) Appropriate lighting options
- Xenon light specially designed for use in small-size vitrectomy.
- Mercury light
- Three colour filters: yellow, green and amber. They offer higher security, enhanced displaying and increased tissue contrast
- Improved wide-field light zone design
- Lighting available both for anterior and posterior stages.
Advantages of Stellaris PC:
- It combines a compact design and a wireless pedal with a linear dual control which allow for easier and shorter mounting times.
- It is the only vitreoretinal surgery system which includes a dual light source and colour filters selected by the surgeon allowing for a contrasted view, designed to enhance the ability of the surgeon to see through several eye tissue in different surgical conditions.
- It also includes a stable chamber tubing system allowing higher vacuum levels without compromising the chamber stability and general security. It also helps cataract surgery incisions to be as small as possible without risking possible increases of refraction errors in the eye.
Retinal surgery is one of the more complex procedures and one of the fields which has experimented more progresses and technological breakthroughs in the last few years. This has made possible obtaining appropriate results in interventions for diseases such as retinal detachment or diabetic retinopathy.
The recent incorporation of Alcon’s Constellation Vision System is yet another relevant and innovative technological breakthrough in the field of vitreoretinal surgery.
Constellation vision system is a step forward in retina surgery. Advantages and benefits of the new system include: ability to work with higher accuracy closer to the retina; a better control throughout the whole surgical procedure; increased balance of normal intraocular pressure during surgery and optimal lighting for the surgeon.
It is an ophthalmic microsurgery system intended for both anterior (i.e. phacoemulsification and cataract removal) and posterior segment eye surgery (i.e., vitreoretinal).
CONSTELLATION system provides new and cutting-edge improvements to current vitrectomy technologies, in particular higher cut speed and accuracy, and the incorporation of full-cycle control. This system includes the new ULTRAVIT probe, which can achieve cut speeds of up to 5000 cuts per minute (cpm). Depending on the need, probes of 20, 23 and 25 calibre can be used.
CONSTELLATION vision system introduces a new clinic vitrectomy concept, know as service cycle, and uses alternative work cycles to achieve improvements in innovative and efficient vitrectomy manoeuvres.
ICR Medical Director Dr. Jürgens explains which diseases that were once unthinkable to treat have become a reality today.