Medical license n. 39781
Bachelor of Medicine and Surgery from the Autonomous University of Madrid and PhD in Medicine from the University of Valladolid. Dr. Alfonso Antón is a leading ophthalmologist with more than 25 years of experience. He is a specialist in the diagnosis and treatment of glaucoma. He is currently head of the Glaucoma Department and the Research Department of ICR and professor of Ophthalmology at the International University of Catalonia.
In addition, Dr. Antón is a founding member of the Spanish Glaucoma Society and patron of the Ramon Martí i Bonet Foundation against blindness.
Catalan, Spanish and English.
- High School Graduate. Phillips Andover Academy (Andover, Massachussetts, USA)
- Bachelor’s degree in Medicine and Surgery from the Autonomous University of Madrid (Spain)
- Certificate from the Educational Commission for Foreign Medical Graduates (USA)
- Residency in Ophthalmology at Hospital General de Segovia (Spain).
- PhD in Medicine and Surgery. Doctoral thesis: “Valor de la redes neuronales y la regresión logística en la interpretación del campo visual”. University of Valladolid (Spain)
- Glaucoma Specialist. Shiley Eye Institute, University of California San Diego (USA).
- MA in Management of Health Centres and Services from Barcelona University (Spain).
- Accreditation as University Professor by the ANECA. 2010
- Head of the Department of Glaucoma at ICR
- Head of the Department of Research at ICR
- Professor of Ophthalmology at the International University of Catalonia (UIC)
- 42 papers in scientific indexed journals (26 of them in English)
- 1 book
- 12 chapters in books (7 of them in English)
- Principal investigator of 5 FIS projects of the Carlos III Institute in Madrid.
- Principal investigator of 6 projects financed by companies.
- Coordinator of several national and international courses, seminars and panel discussions.
- Reviewer for scientific indexed journals.
- Speaker at 175 scientific presentations at national and international conferences.
- Director of 4 ongoing doctoral theses.
- Member of the Editorial Committee of the Journal of Glaucoma and Journal of Current Glaucoma Practice.
- Member of the Spanish Society of Ophthalmology.
- Founding Member of the Spanish Society of Glaucoma.
- Member of the European Glaucoma Society.
- Member of the Association for Research in Vision and Ophthalmology.
- Member of the European Vision Institute. Glaucoma Expert Committee.