Medical License No. 43182
PhD in Medicine and Surgery by the University of Barcelona. Leading ophthalmologist specializing in Medical and Surgical Retina and Cataract Surgery. She is currently the medical director at Clínica Bonanova de Cirurgia Ocular and a member of the Department of Retina and the Department of Cataracts at Institut Català de Retina. She has presented numerous communications and has received several awards.
Spanish, Catalan and English
- Degree in Medicine and Surgery by Universitat de Lleida (UdL). Extraordinary prize of Bachelor in Medicine awarded by University of Lleida.
- PhD in Medicine and Surgery at Universitat de Barcelona (UB). Doctoral thesis with Cum Laude mention by unanimity for the work “Study of biological and clinical prediction elements of severity in ocular toxoplasmosis”.
- Training as a Specialist in Ophthalmology at Hospital Clínic i Provincial de Barcelona (MIR).
- Specialized in Retinal and Vitreoretinal pathology. Master in Medical and Surgical Retina. Postgraduate Training Programme at Institut Catalá de Retina (ICR), as a center associated to Universitat de Barcelona (UB).
- Certificate of PROVISION Ophthalmology Training Programme
- Cross-curricular module of the Master “Evidence-based Medicine” from Hospital Universitari Sagrat Cor.
- Certification of Fluoresceinic Angiographies and Retinographies at DARC (Digital Angiography Reading Center, New York), DUKE Reading Center (North Carolina) and VRC (Vienna Reading Center, Vienna,).
- Ophthalmologist specializing in Medical and Surgical Retina, and Surgery of Cataracts at Institut Català de Retina (ICR)
- Ophthalmologist specializing in Medical and Surgical Retina, and Surgery of Cataracts at Parc Sanitari Sant Joan de Déu de Sant Boi.
- Medical director at Clínica Bonanova de Cirurgia Ocular.
- Member of Master in Ophthalmic Nursing teaching staff, organized in collaboration with Universitat de Barcelona
- Extraordinary prize of the Bachelor in Medicine, awarded by Universitat de Lleida
- Final prize of Residence “Emili Letang 2012 “. Only prize awarded by Hospital Clinic with honorary mention.
- ICR Prize for the best ophtalmic publication and research project for the work “Natural evolution and surgery outcome in myopic foveosquisis”.
- Award to the best oral communication of the congress at the 40th Congress of Societat Catalana d’Oftalmologia (SCO) for the presentation “Inmediate effects and complications of intravitreal injections with anti-angiogenics for ARMD
- Second award to the best oral communication of the congress at the 45th Congress of Societat Catalana d’Oftalmologia (SCO) for the presentation “Study of the characteristics, evolution and response to treatment for central serous chorioretinopathy”.
- 2015 ICR prize to the best publication and ophtalmic research project for the study “Vitreoretinal surgery outcome in in-the-bag subluxated or luxated intraocular lenses”.
- Prize to the best video communication for “Intraoperative optical coherence tomography in vitreoretinal surgery”. 47th Congress of the Catalan Society of Ophthalmology (SCO).
- Member of Societat Catalana d’Oftalmologia (SCO)
- Member of Acadèmia de Ciències Mèdiques de Catalunya i Balears
- Member of European Society of Retina Specialists (EURETINA)
- Member of Association for Research in Vision and Opthalmology (ARVO)
- Member of Sociedad Española de Retina y Vítreo (SERV)
Publications and conferences
- Several presentations at conferences as an author.
- Multiple presentations at national and international conferences.
- Multiple publications in national and international journals.
- Participation in 11 chapters of books.
- Collaborating researcher in multiple clinical trials related to new intraocular therapies for retina diseases and ocular inflammations.
- Attendances to several conferences, courses and research meetings.
- Reviewer of indexed scientific journals
- Author of “Surgical outcome of late in-the-bag intraocular lens dislocation treated with pars plana vitrectomy” (Rey, A et al) published in Retina, The Journal of Retinal and Vitreous Diseases, and selected among world top-level ophtalmic publications by the American Academy of Ophthalmology (AAO).