Medical license no. 37602
Bachelor of Medicine and Surgery from the Autonomous University of Barcelona. Dr. Xavier Maseras is a leading ophthalmologist specializing in retinal and vitreous pathologies. He has a PhD in Medicine and Surgery and has made numerous presentations at conferences, publications and clinical trials as a researcher. He is currently a member of the Retina and Vitreous Department of the Institut Català de Retina.
Catalan, Spanish, English and French.
- Primary and Secondary Education at the Lycée Français de Barcelone.
- Bachelor of Medicine and Surgery at the Germans Trias i Pujol University Hospital (HUGTiP) – Autonomous University of Barcelona.
- Training as a Medical Specialist in Ophthalmology at the Sagrat Cor Hospital – Institut Català de Retina. Barcelona.
- Fellowship in Retina by the University of Barcelona.
- PhD in Medicine and Surgery from the Autonomous University of Barcelona with cum laude mention.
- Basic Science Assessment. International Council of Ophthalmology.
- Clinical Sciences Assessment. International Council of Ophthalmology.
- Certificate of Research Proficiency from the Autonomous University of Barcelona with the project “Vitrectomy 25G versus 20G in the treatment of epiretinal membranes”.
- Volunteer in a medical clinic of the Sisters of Charity in Calcutta (India) for 2 months.
- Observership at the Department of Ocular Oncology at Princess Margaret Hospital in Toronto (Canada) for 5 weeks. 2007
- Observership in Tennessee Retina in Nashville (United States) for 1 month. 2011
- Observership at the Manchester Eye Hospital (United Kingdom) for 1 month. 2015
- Member of the Retina and Vitreous Department at ICR Ophthalmology Centre.
- Numerous presentations in congresses.
- Publications and clinical trials as a researcher.
- Assistance to multiple courses and congresses of the specialty.